Tuesday 10 January 2012

Lost for words...


For the first time since I started writing this blog I find myself in the rather scary situation of having nothing to say. People who know me will either be laughing hysterically right now or concerned for my health since it's almost unheard of for me to be lost for words - but there it is...


Everything I consider writing about seems to be banal, unoriginal, repetitious and irrelevant so why would anyone want to read that? Maybe it's just the time of year and my imagination has gone into a little restorative funk, who knows.

Anyway, rather that tie myself in knots about it I'm going to let somebody else do the talking on this very subject while I go off and file my tax return - a task that requires no imagination and will hopefully shock my brain back into action again!

No poem today.
The words won't come.
My mind is bare.
My pen's struck dumb.
The page is blank.
I've nought to say.
And that is why
No poem today.

By Greg Pincus




Normal service will (hopefully) be resumed as soon as possible.

Lesley

3 comments:

  1. Whey-Hey......Yeah! been there, done that....!
    It's only a brick wall....Just take a run at it,
    might take a while...But, you'll get through it...
    Oh! love the Puddy-Tat....He looks 'keyed'out...! :0).

    So...Let's all cheer up....
    "It Takes 43 Muscles To Frown....But, Only 17 To Smile".
    Gooooo For It.....! :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm in the same boat, I've written 3 posts this year all basically about the same thing. It's crazy! Here's to both of us overflowing with interesting thoughts very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley,
    I think it is the time of year, you know the first month and just getting over the holidays, so there really isn't that much to talk about just yet. Take a little road trip and take your camara along. You will be amazed at what you will bring back to talk about. I am going to take my own advice and do just that this next weekend.
    You will be back to your old self again in no time I just know it.
    Big Hug,
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - join in with the gossip...